What is Eco Silver?
Eco Silver is an eco-friendly alternative to Sterling Silver made from 100% recycled silver. This means it is scrap silver re-melted and re-formed, maintaining all the usual characteristics and quality you associate with Sterling Silver.
With an abundance of silver to recycle, it's a no brainer!
Are the pieces 100% Eco Silver?
The only elements which are not Eco Silver are the chains for the necklaces, and the posts and scroll backs of the earrings, which are Sterling Silver.
How should I care for my jewellery?
All silver jewellery will tarnish over time, and the process is largely dependant on the habits of the wearer. Here are a few tips to help you keep your silver jewellery looking tip top:
- Avoid direct contact with things like hairspray, lotions and perfume (always put your jewellery on last!).
- Take your jewellery off when swimming, showers or washing.
- The best way to slow down the tarnishing process it to keep your jewellery in a jewellery box or air tight pouch.
- Looking a little grubby? Wash your piece with luke warm soapy water and a soft bristled toothbrush. Dry throughly afterwards to avoid spotting.
- A polishing cloth is your best friend! Give your piece a little buff regularly to stop tarnish building up.
How will my order be packaged?
Reducing our environmental footprint is important, which is why your jewellery will come in a 100% recyclable package (you could even chuck the cardboard mailer in your compost bin!).
Every effort has been made to make the packing of your jewellery as minimal and eco friendly as possible, so only what is needed, is included:
- Your beautiful new piece of jewellery.
- Contained in a recyclable glassine envelope.
- With a recyclable uncoated business card.
- In a recyclable or compostable cardboard mailer box.
- With recyclable uncoated paper stickers.
And that's it!
Beauty in simplicity.